Wednesday, July 7, 2010

4th of July

We had a wonderful 4th of July weekend... it was pretty low key (which is fine by me)! Saturday, we spent a good part of the day here at home playing in Sean and Nathan's NEW POOL! Oh yes, it was a hit and worth every penny (although I got it for $12.95!!) I even asked Sean this weekend if he wanted to go to Grandma and Grandpa's to swim, and he said, "No, I want to swim in my house." (Translation: the new pool.) :-) Me, I'll take Grandma's pool any day, but it was still fun to watch them have so much fun!!















Saturday night we had some friends over for dinner and cards... I must say, the meal was awesome! Very bbq-y! It was a perfect way to end the day!

Sunday, after church and nap, we headed over to swim at Grandma and Grandpa's and had the traditional 4ht of July BBQ. It was SO nice!! Here are some pictures from my Dad's amazing work in the backyard. I swear when you are back there you forget you're in Illinois! SO pretty!







That night, Mom and Dad kept Nathan for us so we could take Sean to see the fireworks for the first time! He was so excited all day, and was such a trooper waiting (forever) for them to start. Based on his lack of expression during the show, I wasn't sure if he liked them or not. But on the way home (and all the next day, and Tuesday, and Wednesday) that's all he talked about! We're still trying to explain to him that not they are not an every night event. :-)

Sean patiently waiting for the fireworks to begin





Sean and Daddy throwing a few "snaps" down before the show



"OOOH-ing" over a BIG firework



Monday, we all actually slept in (a little) and just lounged around home enjoying the day to be together. We eventually headed over to Grandma and Grandpa's again for more swimming. It was hotter than... so it was perfect weather to be in the ppol! We came home for a quick nap and then headed back that evening for more swimming and another awesome dinner!

Sean can actually touch in the shallow end this year, so he had a really great time bouncing from one end of the shallow end to the other, with noodle in hand of course! He really loves to be in the water, and his wrinkled feet and hands showed it!






The one thing I regret terribly is that I didn't get a picture of Sean and Nathan together... Their matching shirts were SO cute, and Sean LOVED the fact that they had flags on them! I'll get one this week... I promise!

2 comments:

Keeping up with the Jones' said...

Love the pics of the boys in the pool! We will have to bring the bouncy house when we come visit as I bet they would really love that!

Heather, TJ, Brock, and Jillian said...

What cute little swimmer boys!!!