Monday, February 23, 2009

Mommy LOVES daycare!

Yep, I do. As much as I love my son and would love to be with him all the time, he loves daycare more. I don't blame him - they do WAY more fun stuff than we do at home! These last few days have been trying, to say the least. Sean is definitely a routine child, and being back with his friends at school doing his daily routine has helped him so much.

Plus, I have decided that the codeine and Sean are not a good mix. I don't think he's allergic, I think it just makes him crazy. Today we cut back his dose (easing him off of it rather than stopping cold turkey - per our friendly pharmacist!). Hopefully, in addition to being back in his daily routine, we'll get our sweet little boy is back!

And, so far so good! Ever since he got home today, he's been funny, helpful (see the picture of him "helping" with the laundry below), and just good old Sean! I think we are finally over the hump. Hopefully we'll start noticing more improvements from the surgery (we've already noticed improved breathing). I don't regret having it done, but I would recommend that the child be a little older. Not being able to communicate his needs/pain/frustrations has been... well, frustrating.

Anyway, here is a picture of Sean "helping" Mommy with the laundry tonight. He helped me put every piece of his clothing in the washer (Mommy added the soap), and he pressed start. Hmm, wonder if I get him a little step stool if he could do this on his own.......

2 comments:

Heather, TJ, Brock, and Jillian said...

WOW!!! Your daycare looks awesome. You'll have to give me some ideas of what they do so I can do them at home with Brock & Jillian. And Brock loves helping out with the laundry, too. He's a good button pusher but I'm always afraid he's going to smash his little fingers in the dryer door!

Kayla said...

So cute! I love this picture of him "helping." I'm glad Sean's feeling better. Looking forward to getting to spend some time with him on Saturday.